Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Design

In college, I had to take programming classes and even designed my own website using HTML.  I thought doing some work to a blog should be easy, right?  Wrong!  There is lots of help and information out there, but not all in one spot.  After HOURS of searching, I was finally able to find resources to get me going in the right direction.  If you are wanting to change your backgrounds without dealing with all that HTML, you might find this process useful:

1.  First, find a background you like.  You will need a web address for it, so if it is something you downloaded, it will need to be hosted to some sort of photo hosting site.

2. Then, you need to change your template to "Minima".  Here's how: http://2momstalk.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-get-your-minima-template-back.html  (You probably should download a backup of your template just in case you don't like this and want to go back to what you had!)

3. Next, you need to add some code to a page element.  SUPER EASY!  See the directions here: http://alliebrownslayouts.blogspot.com/2008/08/now-you-can-make-my-blog-without-huge.html

4.  Finally, you will need to readjust all of your fonts and font colors in the Design section.

I think blog designing is cool and definitely something I am interested in doing more of!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I just love it...beats writing in a journal that it shoved into my nightstand drawer and I forget about it.

    You did some serious research for backgrounds. I just to the easy stuff like Cutest Blog on the Block or Shabby Blogs. :-) Then I cut and past their codes.

    Good luck on your blogging adventure. I will definitely be checking out your couponing page!

    ReplyDelete